The Call for papers in PDF format is HERE.
About IJCB 2023
The IEEE/IAPR International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB) is the premier international forum for research in biometrics and related technologies. It combines two major biometrics conferences, the IEEE Biometrics Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS) conference and the International Conference on Biometrics (ICB), and is made possible through a special agreement between the IEEE Biometrics Council and the IAPR TC-4. IJCB 2023 is the 7th iteration of this major joint event and will be held in Ljubljana (Slovenia), between 25-28 September 2023 as an in-person conference.
Call for Contributions
IJCB 2023 is intended to have a broad scope and invites papers that advance biometric technologies, sensor design, feature extraction and matching algorithms, security and privacy, and social impact of biometrics technology. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Face, Iris, Fingerprint, Palmprint
- Periocular, Ear, Vein, Speech
- Gait, Gesture and Action Recognition
- Multi-modal and Multi-Spectral Biometrics
- Mobile-based Biometrics
- Template Protection and Cryptosystems
- Privacy, Demographic Bias, Fairness
- Biometrics Explainability and Interpretability
- Template Design, Selection and Update
- Datasets, Evaluation, Benchmarking
- Performance Modelling and Prediction
- Large scale ID Management
- Anti-spoofing, Presentation Attack Detection
- Biometric DeepFakes, Digital Data Forensics
- Biometric-related Law Enforcement and Forensics
- Biometrics in Healthcare, Banking, IoT
- Biometric-related Synthetic Realities
- Ethical, Social and Legal Issues
Submitted papers may not be accepted or under review elsewhere. Submissions may be up to eight pages, plus additional references, in conference format. Please visit the submission page for additional details on paper formatting. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
- Paper submission: April 17, 2023
- Decisions to authors: June 28, 2023
- Camera-ready due: July 31, 2023
Awards and TBIOM Special Issue
Several awards will be given out to the best papers from IJCB 2023, including (1) the best paper award, (2) the best student paper award, (3) daily best poster awards. The awards will consist of a commemorative plaque as well as award money.
Additionally, the authors of the best-reviewed papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Biometrics, Behavior, and Identity Science (IEEE-TBIOM).
Contact PC: firstname.lastname@example.org